Zach and I made Chicken Makhani, aka Butter Chicken for dinner today. It was epically delicious, no lie.
The recipe, via user lillieknits of Tasty Kitchen:
* 4 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
* 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
* ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
* ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
* ¼ teaspoons Cumin
* ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
* 1 whole Lime, Juiced
* 1 whole Onion, Diced
* ¼ cups Butter
* 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
* 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
* 1 pint Whipping Cream
* 1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
* 2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want)
Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (I have used light cream or half-and-half also) and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.
Note: this is a little spicy, but you can cut back on the cayenne if you want.