April 10, 2012

Lentil vegetable soup

Hi, sorry it's taken me so long... Since last time, my chorus competed in Dallas, taking 3rd place (just 1 point behind 2nd, 7 behind 1st! Wowzers!), I have started at a new shop, and other things, mostly general laziness. lol

I made a soup that utilized my shiny new immersion blender today!!! It's a cool gadget, and it's red! Thanks again, Carol! :D

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp curry powder
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3 cups stock (I used chicken, vegetable would be super too)
1 onion, diced
1/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 small potatoes, diced
2 tsp tomato paste

Directions:

Heat oil in a medium-sized pan with a lid, add curry powder and garlic. Stir together over low heat for about a minute. Add stock and remaining ingredients, bring to simmer over med-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Remove from heat. Pop your immersion blender into the pan, and blend until desired level of smoothness is achieved (I left some chunkier pieces). So good!!!

:) Enjoy springtime!

No comments: