September 10, 2010

FEESH TACOOOOOOOOS

I made fish tacos. Man, they were awesome. I was a little skeptical, but then I figured, "If Big Truck and Pink Elephant can do it, so can I." lol Here's how I did it (thanks, Tasty Kitchen!)

Fish Tacos

* 1 ear Fresh Corn
* 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
* 1 whole Lime, Juiced
* ½ cups Chopped Purple Onion
* 1 whole Tomato
* ¼ cups Chopped Fresh Cilantro
* 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Minced
* 1 peeled and pitted avocado, diced
* Oil, To Cook Fish (peanut oil has a high heat tolerance)
* 6 whole Fillets Of White Fish (Cod Or Tilapia Work Best)
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* 8 whole Tortillas

Preparation Instructions

Slice corn off the cob. In a bowl, combine corn, lime juice, purple onion, tomato, cilantro and jalapeno. Sprinkle a bit of salt, pepper, and chili powder on top to get the flavors to come out a little.

In a hot skillet, drizzle a bit of oil. Place fish into skillet and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. “Fry” on each side for 2-5 minutes, depending on how thick your fillets are. Fish is done when it flakes upon being gently pricked with a fork.

Roughly chop cooked fish. Add fish to a warmed tortilla and top it with the corn salsa. Serve and enjoy!


The salsa is good by itself, too. I put it on some rice and that was magical. Probably didn't hurt that I had a peach daiquiri to go with it. lol :)

Eat well!
<3 Jen

1 comment:

Crys said...

You are my hero! I just started this gluten free, soy free, red meat free, Caffeine Free, everything delicious free diet to help with a medical problem... and I can't eat meats unless they were hormone free... FISH TACOS! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!