November 29, 2011

Cleaning day

I took everything out of my pantry cabinets today, wiped the shelves down and threw away a few things that had been stored improperly. Also got a chance to reorganize. Looks better now. :) Looking at everything all together got me thinking about what I'd like to make for this year's treats...
So far I'm thinking gingerbread loaves, chocolate truffles, puppy chow, tons of cookies, smore bars, cherry butter...

And then I was hungry! lol

I think I'll have a pantry supper tonight...

Southwest Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground turkey/beef/whatever ground meat you like
1 medium onion, diced
1 can Ro-tel, undrained
1/2 batch taco seasoning (recipe here)
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
buns/bread for 4

Brown meat with onions. Add Ro-tel and taco seasoning, simmer about 15 minutes(until it slightly thickens). Stir in corn, cook until heated through. Put a big spoonful on a bun and top it with some cheese!

Have a good day!

<3Jen

No comments: