September 2, 2012

Sunday, lazy Sunday...

Hi there. Rebrand in progress. :) I am sorry if you have been hoping to hear from me. It's been a hot summer and I sometimes forget about the internet, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I made chocolate waffles for breakfast today and scored a $30 electric lawnmower at a yard sale. We celebrated with icees afterward. Chocolate Waffles (makes 4 small square waffles or 2 bigger ones) 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, very soft (room temp or mild microwave time) 2 eggs 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup flour 1/2 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 cup water Mix it all together until only a little lumpy. Throw in a little handful of chocolate chips if you want. Scoop batter into waffle iron and cook until the light shuts off. (takes about 3 minutes in my waffle iron) Serve hot with whipped cream or whatever sounds good. These were almost too sweet and chocolatey for breakfast, so maybe these are a dessert item.

No comments: