September 13, 2012

The weekend!

We had people over for a little get together on Saturday, I was tired from working all day and staying up too late the night before. But, before I passed out, I made rum punch. It was tasty!

Rum punch ingredients:
  • 1 cup lime juice
  • 2 cups simple syrup
  • 3 cups rum (I used a white rum, a darker nonspiced rum would be okay)
  • 4 cups orange juice
  • 4 dashes bitters

Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Serve over ice. FYI: 2 little glasses of this will make you fairly tipsy. Be safe!

I didn't meal plan this week. Having 2 days off during the week makes me lazy. However, I did make a chicken taco salad on Tuesday.

Chicken Taco Salad
  • 1 chicken breast, rubbed with chili powder, paprika, salt, a little sugar and black pepper, baked until its internal temp is 165 or better, cubed
  • 1/2 head green leaf lettuce, torn into manageable pieces
  • handful of cilantro, plucked off stalks
  • 3 green onions, diced
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 1 avocado, pitted and diced
  • 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
  • grated cheese to taste
  • dressing of choice (I did salsa with a squirt of ranch)
  • tortilla chips
Combine all the veggies in a large bowl, toss until well-combined. Serve topped with the chicken, cheese, crushed tortilla chips and dressing.

No comments: