June 8, 2009

well well well.

I went camping this last weekend. it was totally rad. we made 4 meals over the fire, and made sammiches to eat on the hiking trail. oh, the hiking trail. I am a fat kid fo sho, so it kicked my chubby butt. I stayed hydrated, nibbled some snax and sammich for additional fuel, and didn't hurt myself- save a little blister on my heel. Glo-ri-ous. :)

Today was my job interview for the State Board position. *Crosses fingers*

I made tuna patties the other night, super easy:

2 cans of tuna, drained
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 cup of shredded cheese
1/2 of a small onion, diced and sauteed
1/2 of a small bell pepper, diced and sauteed
a good dash of salt and pepper
a sprinkle of paprika and dill

combine all ingredients into a bowl, taking care to not cook the egg with the sauteed veggies. (room temp veggies help)
form into patties that are about 3/4-1 inch thick, place on a baking sheet, bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes, until everything's all hot and nice, with a crisp exterior.

I served these badboys up with some pipin' hot broccoli. nom nom nom!

No comments: