April 10, 2010

Zach did the dishes!!!

On my way home from work, I started to think about what to make for dinner for Zach and me. I remembered a jar of tahini that was kicking around in the fridge door and decided to make hummus as one dish, then the hunt was on for a more "main" dish. I ultimately decided on sesame noodles.

***Super-Easy and Fabulous Hummus***
1 15.5-Ounce Can of chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved)
3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
3 Tbsp Tahini
the juice of 1 large lemon
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup fresh parsley, minced
Salt, to taste
Cayenne (or other ground Chile) pepper, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Drain the chickpeas and save the liquid. Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Blend for 1-2 minutes, until it resembles a thick, coarse paste. If you like the consistency thick, go ahead and add your parsley and spices. If you want it a bit thinner, add your oil and blend a bit longer. If it's still too thick, add some of the chickpea liquid and blend some more (I like mine rather thin, so I added the oil and about 1/3 of the liquid). Add your parsley and spices and blend to combine. Chill for an hour or more, then serve with some tasty flatbread, like pita or naan, or crackers. :)

~*~Sesame Noodles (from the blog of the fab Pioneer Woman!)~*~

* 12 ounces Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
* ¼ cups Soy Sauce
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
* 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
* ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
* 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
* 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
* 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Preparation Instructions

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

I added sesame seeds for some texture. MMMMM NOM NOM

I'm going to see if I can't talk Zach into a walk, then put on my jammies and make myself a tasty Mudslide to drink. :D

Happy Saturday, everyone!
<3

No comments: