January 19, 2011

Chowdah!

Zumba went very, very well this morning. I about fell over, but I persevered and lived to tell the tale. Goal pants, here I come! Goodbye to my dear Muffin Top. ;)

A Nerd Named Jen proudly presents:
Recipe with photos!!!!

Manhattan Clam Chowder!

Here's our lovely cast (ignore the delicious, sinful Cherries & Cream Stewart's sodas behind them)



5 strips bacon
3 celery stalks
2 yellow onions
2 cups water
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
2 carrots
4 small red potatoes
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
5 cans clams, drained and rinsed

Cook the bacon until it's crisp. You can use a skillet and country girl it up, or you can be a lazy wuss cautious like me and microwave it. I did mine for 3 minutes on high. When it's done, put it in the bowl of your crock pot.



Dice your celery and onions!



Saute them until they're soft!



Then, throw 'em in the pot with the bacon.



Add water, tomatoes, diced carrots and potatoes, spices and hot sauce to the pot.





Set the crock pot on LOW, let 'er go for 6-8 hours. Add the garlic and clams the last hour of cooking.

Drain the clams in a colander...


...then throw 'em in the pot for the last hour, along with zee garlic. (Thanks Zach! xo)


Verdict? Delicious and savory! I put a few crackers in the bowl and gobbled it up. I forgot to take a photo of the finished product for you! I have some left over, perhaps I'll get a pic of that. :D

Make your dreams come true this wondrous new year!
Eat well!
<3 Jen

No comments: