July 20, 2011

Summertime is not my favorite.

Zach went out of town at the beginning of the month, and I didn't cook the whole time he was gone, and I'm certain we have either eaten at a restaurant or with my parents since he came home last Thursday. LOL :D

I did make brownies on Monday. Life altering, ambrosia-from-the-gods brownies. Not even joking.

The Pioneer Woman is going to make me bigger than a barn with all the things she makes, and then I feel compelled to make too.

The brownies:

1 box chocolate cake mix (I used duncan hines dark chocolate fudge and was not a bit sorry!)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 stick melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 jar caramel dessert topping (or 60 unwrapped caramel candies, melted with 1/2 cup evaporated milk)
1/3 cup chocolate chips


Put cake mix in a mixing bowl. Add evaporated milk, pecans, and melted butter. Stir it up until it's all combined and resembling sticky cookie dough. Divide in half, and press half the dough into a greased 8" square baking dish. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Remove dish from oven, pour on the caramel, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Put the other half of the brownie dough on top (I had mine rolled pout into a rough square shape and carefully laid it over the caramel and chocolate.). Return this beast to the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely, then chill for several hours. Sift a generous amount of powdered sugar on top, cut into squares, and serve. :)

No comments: