October 13, 2011

I Heart Crockpot, True Luv 4ever.

On the nights I'm at work until 9, my choices are dicey unless I've put together something for the crockpot. It keeps me from cooking so late, but it also makes the waitstaff at my favorite restaurants worry about me. LOL :)

Yet another Tasty Kitchen find, this one from the imagination of TK user Mama2Dutchies: Crockpot Baked Potato Soup!

Ingredients:
* 8 cups Potatoes, Chunked
* 1 whole Small Onion, Diced
* 3 cans Chicken Stock (14-15 Ounce Size)
* 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup (10 Ounce Can)
* 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Cubed
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* ½ pounds Bacon, cooked and crumbled
* Optional Garnishes: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Diced Chives

Directions:

Combine potatoes, onion, broth (2 of the 3 cans), and cream of chicken soup in crockpot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.

Then add cream cheese, salt and pepper and blend. (I used a hand/stick blender).

At this stage, if the soup is too thick, this is where the third can of stock comes in. Add it to the soup to get the consistency you prefer, and heat. Taste and season more if needed.

Top with bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream before serving.

No comments: