1. Zach does the dishes (It's true!).
2. I'm an avid user of Tasty Kitchen. They have everything under the big blue sky in their treasure trove, all user-submitted. I have found so many wonderful recipes there, and have loved them all. I saw this one a few weeks back and have been
* FOR THE LASAGNA:
* 3-½ ounces, Dried Porcini Mushrooms, Soaked
* 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 1 whole Onion, finely chopped
* 1 pound Ground Chicken
* 3-½ ounces, weight Smoked Pancetta, Chopped
* 3-½ cups Cremini Mushrooms, Chopped
* ⅔ cups Dry White Wine
* 14 ounces, weight Canned Chopped Tomatoes
* 3 Tablespoons Basil Leaves, Chopped
* 9 whole Lasagna Sheets (I Use Barilla No Boil, They Work Great!)
* 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* FOR THE WHITE SAUCE:
* 2-½ cups Milk (any Percent Works)
* 4 Tablespoons Butter
* ½ cups All-Purpose Flour (scant 1/2 Cup)
* 1 whole Bay Leaf
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
(Make the white sauce first and set aside, covered, while you make the rest of the lasagna.)
For the white sauce, start by heating the milk, butter, flour and bay leaf in a pan over medium heat. While it is heating, make sure to whisk the mixture constantly, until smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat, cover and set aside.
Boil about three cups (or as directed on package of mushrooms) of water in a medium saucepan. Once boiling, add the water to a heatproof medium bowl and add the dried Porcini mushrooms to the boiling water. Let sit for about 20 minutes until moistened, drain, and set aside.
Now begin to prepare the lasagna: Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onions over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken and pancetta and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Stir in both types of mushrooms and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Add the wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Then pour in the tomatoes, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Then stir in the basil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Arrange 3 of the lasagna sheets in a rectangular ovenproof dish.
(I use Barilla No Boil lasagna noodles. They cook in the sauce and you don’t have to boil them before baking the dish. If you use noodles that require boiling, make sure to boil those – according to package instructions – while you are assembling the chicken and mushroom sauce.)
Then spoon a third of the meat sauce over the noodles.
Remove the bay leaf from the white sauce and throw it away, you don’t need it. Spread a third of the white sauce over the meat.
Repeat the layers two more times (noodles, meat sauce, white sauce), finishing with a layer of the white sauce.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and bubbling.
Serve and enjoy!!!!